Healthy Eating for Kids
Kid’s health is an extremely important topic that has garnered nationwide attention due to the epidemic of childhood obesity America is currently facing. In addition to physical activity, diet is an integral component of healthy living, but sometimes it can be difficult to convince kids to eat what’s “good” for them.
Many excellent resources exist that provide tips and tricks to craft kid-focused dishes that are healthy while still retaining a definite kid appeal. Check out the following sites to find some healthful inspiration for your kids’ menu.
- Academy of Nutrition & Dietetics – Kids Eat Right: http://www.eatright.org/kids/
- Let’s Move – Eat Healthy: http://www.letsmove.gov/eat-healthy
- American Diabetes Association: www.diabetes.org
- KidsHealth® from Nemours: http://kidshealth.org/kid/recipes/
- Eating Well® - Healthy Eating for Kids Recipes and Menus: http://www.eatingwell.com/recipes_menus/collections/healthy_eating_kids